March 8, 2011

A Sunday Drive


Living in Rexburg often gets monotonous, every day I see the same things; snow and fields. I find myself needing to venture out and explore new places often to keep my sanity. This past Sunday Jon and I (and Bentley) hopped in the car and decided to go for a drive. We ended up about a 45 minutes away in Island Park. It was a beautiful drive up there and everything about it was refreshing. Jon and I walked along the river, hand in hand soaking up every second of the peace and beauty surrounding us.

Driving up there Bentley would not stay on my lap, he insisted he take the wheel and chauffeur us. Crazy dog.. probably not safe. oh well.

There was so much snow up there! Right along the river there are gorgeous cabins with incredible views. Jon and I of course picked out our favorite one we wouldn't mind owning some day. Of course tho then Jon would need at least five snowmobiles in the garage. I guess the two go hand in hand?

This last picture was my favorite after a little enhancing.

I love Sunday drives because for us they mean good conversation, no interruptions, and just quality time together. And being in a beautiful place doesn't hurt either.

Day 20 – The meaning behind your blog name

My blog name. Well when I first made a blog it was right after Jon and I got married and it was "The Newest Pluids". I posted a total of two posts and that was that for a year. I started to get back into to looking at friends blogs and decided to just start all over again. "at first blush" came to mind when I was thinking about my life and the passions within it. Whether its my husband, fashion, cooking, or just experiencing new things the word blush came to mind. Excitement for something new. Its just that feeling thats hard to explain, you know what I'm talking about. So thats that. Not the best explanation, but a little hint of where it came from.

2 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

Beautiful pictures nelle!! Driving to Island Park is a great idea, we have never been there even though we've lived in Rexburg forever!

SamanthaLauren said...

im so obsessed with bently :) hahah

Post a Comment