February 18, 2011

Day 2: On the Counter


Day 2 – A photo of something you ate today

Well I’d have to say that the best meal of today was dinner. On the menu tonight was chicken roulades, baby potatoes, and green beans sautéed in garlic. DE-LISH! Most chicken roulade recipes include filling the chicken with ham and swiss but I usually do spinach and whatever cheese I have on hand; this time it was mozzarella.

Cooking for me is relaxing. It takes me back to sitting on the counter as a little girl watching my mom cook and trying to help whenever I could. I can’t thank her enough for taking the time to teach me how to cook, because I’m sure sometimes it would have been much easier to have me out of the kitchen, not sticking my fingers in everything and putting tablespoons in rather than teaspoons. Thanks mom for giving me a love for cooking.

There’s nothing better than making dinner with a little music on in the background; it’s a great day to wind down the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment