February 19, 2011

Day 3: So Not My Style


Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date

Hmm the perfect first date…that’s a good one because I’ve concluded that first dates are a little awkward no matter who the date is with. But if I could go back and pick any first date it would go a little something like this.

Obviously I would be going out with Jon because without him it clearly wouldn’t be perfect. I feel that dinner (although it may be typical) is a good first date. It gives you a chance to talk and get to know each other and from there if all goes well you can continue on with the date, and if not….just end it right then and there. After the meal though of course. A huge thing for me though is thought and effort. Hopefully he picked a restaurant with me in mind, not an all you can eat steakhouse. (I’m not a big red meat eater) If dinner went well maybe a walk somewhere nice; a park, along the beach, you get the picture. Just simple. Nothing too crazy just a chance to see if you hit it off or not. Now the second date…that’s another story, he better be pulling out the big guns. I’m kidding…sort of.

Now time for a funny little story of what I consider Jon and I’s first date, which isn’t exactly what’s described above. We had met and hung out casually a few times before our first “date”. It was a Friday night and he had asked me if I wanted to go out that night….Before I knew it we were at this park by the river with a huge group of people doing what is referred to as…The Gallon Challenge. Ok pause, 100% not my style and really….that’s what we’re doing? But whatever something about him kept me interested and I went along and I even attempted the challenge. So here’s what in entails; you have 1 hour to drink a whole gallon of 2% milk (I cheated and did 1%). Well here’s the problem milk curdles in your stomach….long story short we both ended up throwing up on the first date…sooo NOT romantic. So what kept me around? Well the second date did.

The second date he took me out to a mountain known as “R” mountain. He had packed a picnic of all of my favorite lunch/snack things; a turkey sandwich, cheezits, grapes, Black Forest gummy bears, and vitamin water all in a cute little basket. We walked up the trail a ways and found a spot overlooking the valley. We sat in peace on a blanket just us two, enjoying one another’s company over a cute picnic lunch. And many dates such as these followed. So the first date was not a good indicator of what was to come. Good thing I didn’t bail after the date #1 and that he learned quickly what I liked!

0 comments:

Post a Comment