January 27, 2011

Morning Mess

Yesterday was one of those days where I snoozed my alarm clock to the point that it shuts off, I feared getting out of bed, I hated all my clothes, I burnt my breakfast…and the list goes on. I made it out the door and up to campus at a reasonable hour to make it to my 9:00 class. However things took a turn for the worse when I was rushing down the hill. My feet slipped out from beneath me and I landed catching myself with my knees and palms. I quickly got up grabbed my bag and brushed it off. Realizing when I got up that the three guys in front of me had turned around, looked and kept walking. Real nice huh? I made it into the building with ice burnt palms and immediately texted the hubby for a sympathy card.

I sat in class day dreaming thinking what if I would have broken a bone, and those guys just kept walking? Dramatic, I know.

Then it hit me... I can’t rely on others to pick me up and make sure I’m ok all the time. I lived, it wasn’t a big deal just another little bump in my day. But sometimes it’s these simple little experiences that make me see more of the big picture. MIND OVER MATTER. I thought today is a great day. I have a wonderful life. I am blessed in so many ways. Who cares how the day started out?! I can make eachday whatever kind of day I want. I had lunch with my amazing husband followed by snuggling on the couch.

What could be any better than that?

1 comments:

Mallory Hanna said...

Oh no they didn't! Jerky guys!
Nice attitude, this was a sweet post. When I slipped on the ice and hit my head I was all tears when I got home.

Post a Comment