December 10, 2010

Slightly Homeless

I always said that I would never be one of those people who is obsessed with their dog to the point that I treat him like my child....well here I am blogging about him so what does that mean? oh gosh Im totally one of those people...but no worries he doesnt sleep in my bed and he does not wear clothes...to this point at least. The past week Jon and I have been saying that we need to take him to the groomer...well days past and Bentley began to look more and more homeless. We would find dread locks in his fur daily that we would have to cut out..he was a total mess.

Ne ways last night Jon and I had the brilliant idea of rather than spending the 30 bucks...lets just groom him ourselves..OH BOY! So there we were dog on the kitchen island...slightly gross I know...with clippers in hand. Two hours later bentley had a nice hair cut, Jon and I were covered in dog hair from head to toe, and the kitchen was covered in fur.

That moment in our kitchen made me realize even more the power of laughter. If only we could have video taped the transformation. Hair everywhere, Bentley trying with all his five pounds to get away from us, taking turns holding him down, trying to not cut him or mess him up, talking him through it, tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard, hair in my mouth, ears, and nose, it was such a mess.

Today I woke up filled with gratitude for my husband and the fun we have together. and of course for Bentley too :)

By the way he doesnt look homeless anymore. I'd say we did pretty good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment